Friday, October 9, 2015

5 ways to get your kids to eat more good food and less junk!



1.     Monkey See Monkey Do – Kids will most likely eat what they see parents, teachers and other peers eat. You can influence them by setting a good example and eating lots of FRESH and REAL WHOLE foods!
2.     Give options – I always liked to give my kids enough options so that they if they don't like something, they don't feel forced to eat it. Never force your kids to eat something! That will only guarantee that they will NEVER want to eat it.
3.     Make it fun, food play- Depending on the age of your kids, you can play with cutting foods into fun shapes and getting create with shapes and designs with food.
4.     Let them choose – We tend to do the grocery shopping while kids are at school or at home because it can be stressful with so many requests! However, kids can be helpful and get in on the shopping fun by helping to choose produce. I ask my kids to pick at least 1 thing from the produce section. (it has to look like it was grown that way) then we cook it together at home.
5.     Educate them – I tell my kids what processed foods and sugars do to them. My daughter and I have had the discussion of “pretty” food versus “ugly” food. The ugly foods are obviously those that can cause weight gain and acne (processed foods and sweets). The pretty foods will of course make you gorgeous! Those are all the fruits, veggies and lean proteins.
 
How do you influence others?

Nicole Carter
The Wellness Experience

No comments:

Post a Comment